Monday, July 23, 2007

Sad News

For those of you who hadn't heard, my grandfather lost his long battle with pancreatic cancer 1 week ago. I flew down to San Antonio on Wed night. The funeral was Thurs morning. I stayed through the weekend to be able to spend more time with my family and help out a little. While I was down there we (mainly my mom) got several things accomplished. She "interviewed" 3 different realtors to come out to the property. She wants to find someone not only with a good knowledge of the area and the type of property but one where the personalities mesh well. The property is in Fredricksburg TX, 8+ acres, custom built house is 2000+ sq ft with a huge utility room in the garage, 2 fully covered patios in the front and back (both with swings), also a nice green house and another smaller house on the property as well (if anyone is interested). Can you tell I really like this place? It is a great place and it is a little sad knowing I wont be going back there again. We organized a few cabinets and drawers while we were there. You would think after living in that house for 30+ years that there would be a lot to throw away - nope, not really. My grandmother is an excellent housekeeper and all the realtors agreed that the house is in such good shape - of course it is, it was custom built mainly by my grandfather. The plan is to get more things organised (keep, sell, or give away) and then have a HUGE estate style garage sale in about 2 weeks. Then they are moving my grandmother up to the DFW area to live with them. They are also currently looking for a bigger house so grandma can have a few rooms all to herself. My grandmother is doing very well considering. It will be nice to have her closer where I can see her more. Hopefully very soon I will do a tribute to my grandfather like I did last month for my grandma Diesen.

No comments: