Thursday, July 12, 2007

SO FRUSTRATED!!!!

I HATE it when things don't work as they should. Now because things don't work as they should I am forced to vent on here while also being forced to use Chris's laptop. I hate using laptops. There are several reasons, but I think the main reason is because I LOVE MY MOUSE!!! LOVE IT LOVE IT

Back to why I am frustrated. It all started yesterday afternoon - maybe around 2:45 or so. Our electricity went out for the 2nd time in a week. This is not a result of the very bizarre flooding rain we have had for the past month. It was actually sunny outside when it went out. So as soon as it goes out I of course immediately call the phone number for the city of Edmond to report it. The number was so easy to find since I had just called it a few days ago and it was in my call log on my cell. I called back 15 or 20 min later to see if they had an approximate time it will be fixed. Of course they don't cause they haven't even diagnosed the problem yet. Do I seem anxious??? Maybe a hormonal pregnant woman is just being overly anxious? No that can't be it! Actually I had a very selfless reason to want the power to come back on. I had chicken baking in the oven so I can make my awesome poppyseed chicken to take to a friend who had recently lost her dad. So I decided to take my entire recipe over to my friend Lynda's house. (I was doing the main dish and she was doing side and dessert.) So I get all the ingredients out then realized I can't get out because I am stuck in the house with the van in the garage. Well I knew there was some way to release the garage door by pulling on some cord on the automatic opener. So I am on the phone with Chris trying to figure that out. I am too short to reach it so I am standing on the back bumper of the van. I am tyring to pull that cord in the VERY DARK garage. I am getting cranky at this point because it is SO FREAKIN' HOT in the garage. Caleb brings a flash light out which is when he realizes that the cord is wrapped around something. So I finally get the garage door open and go inside to box up all the stuff for my food and wouldn't ya know it, the electricity comes back on. ARGH I wanted to scream!!! So I was able to make my yummy dinner after all.

Now to the 2nd reason I am frustrated. I get the dinner in the oven I come into the office and I try to get the computer to come back on. As soon as I turn it on there is a loud noise and then it goes to a black screen that says - error, strike F1 Key to continue or F2 to run the setup utility. I don't know how long I tried to push those stupid keys, but nothing happened. So I leave it for Chris to deal with when he gets home. Well Chris didn't have time to look at it until after 10:30 or so, but figures out the problem instantly. We have a wireless keyboard so unless the computer is up and running it wont detect the keyboard. So we will need to borrow one from a neighbor to figure out if anything else is wrong. ARGH!!! Did I mention how much I hate using this laptop.

Well my next doctors appt is tomorrow. So hopefully my next entry will be much more cheery!!!! Thanks for listening to me vent.

1 comment:

suzspeaks said...

I hate it when stuff like that happens! That seems to describe a lot of days for me, if it's not one thing...it's another!!! I hope your dr. appt is good tomorrow!