Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Whose kid in this?

Caden may look a little like me, but we are so different. First of all she is really sweet and passive with most people outside her family. I am no monster, but not sweet like her and passive will NEVER be used to describe me. She doesn't care for chocolate or for very many desserts. That still seems so weird to me, but I am getting used to it.

However her latest interest has got me floored. Almost every time Chris does yard work he finds some reptile - frog, lizard, or snake. I welcome them all EXCEPT for snakes. I like watching them on TV and seeing them at the ZOO, but having one inches or even feet away from me FREAKS ME OUT!!!!

The other day Chris brings one in the house and shows me and then wants to show Caden. I didn't want him to scare her, but the next thing I know I hear this - "Can I touch it? Can I hold it? "


This is her saying "awe he is so cute."


I know it looks like a clump of hair is across her forehead, but no, that is a SNAKE on my little girls head. (You might have to click on the picture below to see the snake because it is almost the same color as her hair.) Oh and just ignore Chris's sweaty and dirty hands and arms in the picture.

I know it is a baby snake that it is not poisonous and it wont hurt her one bit, but it still freaks me out.

3 comments:

rebeckaoneal said...

oh so creapy my mom just called me like 20 min ago and was telling me that my sisters 2 year old found a snake this weekend and it was a rattle snake then i read your blog make sure she knows to only pick them up if chris says she can!!

DeeDee said...

yes I know, very scary. She loves animals - especially dogs and I have to constantly remind her to ask the owner if she can pet the dog (if it is not one of our family or friend's dogs.)

K said...

Holy Crap. What a cute snake! At least it's not huge and ugly and will eat you!