Friday, January 9, 2009

NERTZ !!!!!

I know I haven't blogged in weeks. I know I should blog about Christmas. There was a tree, presents, Santa, and lots of food!

However now on to more important things. Anyone who knows me knows I am a little competitive. Ok, that is not true. I am VERY competitive. I love to play games of all kinds. When I am with my in laws we play lots of games too. Some of our favorites are Phase 10, Apples to Apples, Mad Gab and a few others. I started playing NERTZ with my family when I was little. Now we (my mom, sister, Chris and I) all play Hand and Foot.

This picture is from our late Christmas in TX. I was so engrossed in our game of Hand and Foot that I didn't want to put Cali down for a nap, so I just let her sleep on me!


Anyway back to Nertz. I have a group of friends that get together occasionally to play NERTZ. There are 4 of us and we have been doing this for YEARS and YEARS. I know it is at least 5 or 6 years or maybe longer. In the past we have let others play with us occasionally, but it is never the same "vibe". One of the girls' sisters is allowed to play, but she is usually the only "outsider" we allow. Three of us talk trash to the other while the other girl hardly ever does and sometimes even apologizes for stuff. CRAZY nice person! Anyway we can play for hours and hours and it is so fun, but now it is hard to get us all together. Three of us have 3 kids and the other has 2, so we don't get to play as often as we would like. However I was just told about this website - http://playnertz.com/ I didn't know there was a National Nertz Association. Anyway there is and I just joined. I know I am a geek, but I can't help it. I LOVE games.

7 comments:

Heather said...

I love the descriptions of the other girls in the group. TOO FUNNY! I am SO going to that website to join....

Gena said...

Man, you're in trouble now. Your family will never see you. :)

The Tomball Three said...

You would be a good Abercrombie. Whenever any of us was dating anyone, that was the test. If they could survive the game night, they could stay. There are a lot of insults, yelling and nasty accusations. This Thanksgiving, Trivial Pursuit became known as "Contact Trivial Pursuit" and when I saw my aunt (mom's sister NOT and Abercrombie) she had a wild look in her eyes. A lot of people can't handle it.

Conrad got RISK for Christmas this year. We played one game, our marriage almost broke up and he institued a "no more games for Christmas presents" rule.

Poor sport

kj said...

I want you to teach me Nertz!!! I need a fun new game to play.

NNA said...

Hi, I found your blog post through a search for “Nertz”. It is cool to see others that know about the game. I hope you don’t mind but I wanted to let you know about playnertz.com, the site for the National Nertz Association. There is a bunch of interesting Nertz information there and you can also find out how to play Nertz online there. I hope you will check it out. Feel free to join and also let your friends and family know. Thanks

Lisa said...

I am a huge Nertz fan so I just had to comment!! So fun! Glad to know there are other Nertz fans out there, and a whole website in fact...I'm impressed!

Melody said...

No, we haven't found a house yet but we're looking at several on Saturday! Glad we are in bible study together....I think it's going to be great.