Sunday, August 19, 2007

Oh the Joys of Pregnancy


Well here I am only 22.5 weeks pregnant and I am starting to have some of the the same aches and pains that I did with my other pregnancies. However those aches, pains and other issues did not come about until well after 30 weeks. LUCKY ME!!! Not only did I start to feel pregnant months earlier than with the others I am having issues months earlier too! Wow, this is going to be a LONG 4 months ahead of me!

First off I have already been having pains down the right side of my body. I am guessing it is just the Sciatica Nerve. I have only had it once so far. (crossing my fingers). It was last Thursday and the pain was from the middle of my back all the way down my side to about my thigh. Good thing it only lasted a day though.

Second issue is I am already having lots of heartburn and what feels like acid reflux. Several nights in a row I had been waking up at 4 am and having to take some TUMS. Last night I had 2 before I went to bed, more as a preventative measure. I think it helped. I think I will continue to do that. Since I don't mind the taste of my fruit flavored TUMS, they have a permanent home beside my bed.

Lastly I am having sleeping issues. It is so hard to get comfy at night. I am either hurting in my back or my hips. MAN this makes me feel REALLY OLD!!!

I get asked almost daily how I am feeling and I always say wonderful, I have no problems. Well I am not really lying because at that moment I feel great. I usually don't feel bad until about 10:00pm. However since I am already not sleeping well it takes me forever to get out of bed in the morning. I hear the kids playing, yelling or whatever in the other room but I can usually doze back off until after 8:30 - I know I am so LAZY!! But all this will have to STOP! Starting tomorrow Caleb goes back to school! I have a 3rd grader! Now I really feel old!

1 comment:

Judy E. said...

Oh my.....a long 4 months to go.
Hope your symptoms are temporary...you've always had such easy pregnancies....maybe this one will level out.