Thursday, May 1, 2008

Get off your butt and EXERCISE!

Or in a nicer tone . . . it would be really good for your mind, body and soul if you would kindly get your lazy self off the couch (or for some of us girls - off the computer) and hit the GYM!!!

My friend Elizabeth at http://www.mommymizfit.blogspot.com/ is giving everyone an exercise challenge starting next Monday. For $20, you will get 20 workouts to do, and the goal is to exercise for 20 minutes a day. (or more if you are already exercising regularly.) You can earn points for extra things, getting people to join in, or doing more than just 20 minutes, etc. The rules are on her blog. You can click on the above link or under Mullin's on my friend's list. If you are interested mention my name when you contact her. You don't have to live here to participate.

I actually just recently started going back to the gym on a regular basis but I am always up for a challenge. I still have 8 lbs from being pregnant that don't want to go away, so hopefully this challenge is the extra motivation that I need to lose the rest.

I am sure for a lot of people it is not just a matter of motivation it is a matter of time. For me, with 3 kids, one being only 4 months old and an 8 year old with baseball taking up so much evening time, it is hard to find the time to put exercise into your already full schedule. However knowing how much your spouse is going to love you shedding a few pounds I bet they will be supportive. You never know, they might start helping out more around the house!

3 comments:

Micah and Tara Hobbs said...

I did love what you said. You said it all so well. I hope you don't mind!! I didn't have time to think up something to say. :-)

kj said...

I'm gonna kick your butt at this challenge....just fyi!

; ) BRING IT!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Hey Can I get your email address so you can login?