Thursday, June 7, 2007

Now look what I did to myself!

OK, sorry for anyone who has a foot or toe aversion. For the rest of you, I had a freaky toe incident last night. We were at church and I was walking down a step and somehow - I still don't know how, my ledt big toe kicked the back of my right heel - HARD!!!! I immediately felt pain and looked down at my toe which was cracked halfway down ALL the way across. There is also another part at the top that is cracked on one side too. I had to sit down cause I couldn't stand for a min. Then I look at my heel on my other foot and there is blood running down into my sandals. Good thing I was wearing black flip flops, so it was an easy clean up. Anyway my heel was stinging and my toe was throbbing for hours. It still hurts to touch it. So I am not sure what the exact damage is. I better not loose the thing. I wear sandals everyday in the summer and I don't want to only have half the nail. I would look like a freak - and I try not to look like that as much as possible! Here is a picture of the toe.
The white part is where the crack is and then there is another crack at the top. Please no comment about me needing a pedicure. Ok, thanks for letting me whine a little bit. It REALLY hurt!!

The kids were being so funny about it last night. Caleb wanted to see it and asked if it bled. He wanted to see blood and wanted to know which hurt worse, the toe or the heel. Caden asked if I needed to go to the hospital. How cute is that. Then she said that I need to go home and put a bandage on it and it will be better in the morning. She has asked about it several times today already. She is so sweet.

2 comments:

Heather said...

OUCH!! If I remember correctly, you had a weird toenail incident a year or two ago also--what's up with your toes? haha Hope you feel better!
Heather

DeeDee said...

That was from indoor soccer. I lost 2 toenails.