Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Garage Sale ETIQUETTE

Is there such a thing?


Well there needs to be! We had a garage sale last weekend (actually 2 different weekends) and there were several people who really irritated me. There was this girl, maybe 13 years old and she had the audacity to say "here ya go" while waving a dollar bill at me from like 10 feet away. Are you kidding me? Do you really think I am really going to get up from my chair by the fan to take your money? NO!! This may not have been that big of a deal all by itself but she had also asked me how much something cost on about 5 different items because she was too lazy or stupid to look at the price tag. Then what REALLY bothered me the most about this moron was every time she asked me the price she would carry it around and then put it back in a different spot. I was thinking, "what a great idea to put a game on top of a pair of shoes, idiot!"


Another customer a "sweet little old lady" (NOT!) was paying for her stuff and kept complaining about all the jerks out in the circle and how she was afraid her car was going to get hit. We live in a cul-de-sac, which is perfect for the kids, but can be nightmare for garage sales. Anyway so this lady kept complaining and we watch her walk to her car that was parked IN THE CENTER of the cul-de-sac. No wonder she was afraid her car was going to get hit. Her car was the cause of the craziness.


Everytime we have a garage sale I think, is this really worth it. Well after 2 Saturdays, countless morons and a profit of almost $1,000 I would have to say YES!!


I don't usually like to do a post without a picture so I found some funny garags sale signs - NO, none of them are ours.


3 comments:

jenn b said...

Remember that summer we were REALLY pregnant with Kayla and Caden and we had a garage sale at your house? It was so HOT! I remember people would pick up a ton of stuff and then offer us like $2 for it!
I need to have another one but I never make enough to be worth the work. How do you do that?

DeeDee said...

This just goes to show that we have TOO MUCH crap/junk at our house.

kj said...

I had a lady give me a soggy $10 bill from her bra once! I took it and walked inside and washed my hands! It was sick!!! I need you to come to my house and make $1000 for me to go to Disney!