Thursday, July 10, 2008

What would you have done?

Last weekend we were at Incredible Pizza. Picture this. . . Caleb is playing some basketball game. There are 2 boys (brothers) playing on the 2 machines beside him. Standing in front of the machine beside them is the mother or grandmother of those boys. She is actually guarding a HUGE massive pile of tickets that is pouring out of the game that no one is playing. I was guessing there might have been at least 500 or so.

So I watch them for about 30 seconds and then I felt the need to tattle. So I did! When they came to fix it they still let them keep that huge pile. That slightly irritated me, but I walked away filled with accomplishment that I had served my civic duty. Actually I ran over to Chris laughing about what I had just done.

Fast forward about 10 minutes and I see those same people back at those same games and tickets are pouring out of the machine beside the one that was acting up before. So of course I tattle again. This time a worker guy runs over there and says no no no to those people, but I think he also let them keep the tickets too.

I happened to pass by them (no I wasn't stalking them) when they were at the ticket counting machine. The last number I saw was 2250 and they still had HUGE piles of tickets left to go. They probably had at least 3500-4000 in total. It was crazy!! There were lots of people watching them as they were loading them into the ticket machine. People were in awe as they were watching. So I did what any normal person would do. I told everyone around that they didn't win those tickets based on skill. They actually cheated and got them from a broken machine. No I really didn't. But I did think about it.

2 comments:

kj said...

I would have stood behind them in line and said "man nothing like teaching your kids to cheat at an early age! good job!!"

People like that really annoy me!

Gena said...

I would have said something very un-christian like, I'm sure. Sort of defeats the purpose.