Monday, June 16, 2008

FATHER'S DAY

As with most Sunday mornings, we were rushing around trying to get to church on time. It was 7:50 in the morning (10 min before we were suppose to leave the house) and my hair was still wet up in a towel, Cali was still asleep, and I hadn't painted Caden's toenails (that I had promised the night before I would do in the morning if she wore the shoes I wanted her to wear) So Chris offered to help me out by painting her toenails. I said I can do it real fast, but he said "I will do it, how hard could it be." I was almost done with my hair and he was STILL painting her nails. I only griped once (hey it is Fathers Day) about how LONG it was taking him. Then as I am almost done he starts to paint her fingernails. WHAT???? I then starting yelling, why would you do that when we are running late. He said "she asked me to paint them." Well she asks me to do a lot of stuff, but we are really going to be late.

A few minutes later we are all ready to go, but I had to get them all together to take a REALLY RUSHED picture for Father's Day. I couldn't get Cali to even look at the camera, much less smile. She just woke up, hadn't eaten since 10 pm the previous night and was more interested in trying to eat Chris and Caleb's fingers than to look at the camera. We finally get loaded in the car at 8:17 - CRAP - church service started 2 minutes ago. We haven't been that late in a while. Oh well, better late than never!

Conversation in the car on the way to lunch.

Caden: Where are we going to eat?
Me: Carrabbas
Caden: I don’t want to go there, I want to go to Chinese Buffet.
Me: It is Fathers Day, so Daddy gets to pick.
Caden: Well, when it is sister’s day . . .

I have no clue what she said after that because I was laughing so hard.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

ah aha ha! Now, that is just too cute

The Tomball Three said...

I think the pic is the CUTEST! Cali looks like she's got air in her cheeks!

Lisa said...

I would've never guessed the picture was rushed and under pressure if you hadn't of told the whole story! :o) Caden's comment sounds familiar! Karli keeps asking when its going to be "Happy Karli Day!"

Gena said...

Caden is a crack up. Tell her thanks for helping Raegan stay focused (aka sane) in Mrs. McBride's class.