Monday, June 9, 2008

FUN but BUSY SUMMER

I thought summers were supposed to be relaxing??? We have been very busy so far. Last week Caleb was at scout camp and he got to do BB shooting, archery, crafts, sports, nature hikes, fishing etc. He had so much fun and is already looking forward to next year.

Also our lives have been all about BASEBALL. He had his team pictures last week.

His season is almost over though. He had 5 games last week because he had a tournament on Saturday. We were at the baseball fields most of the day. (I was so impressed with how well Cali did all day. She only cried a few times.) This is their last season for machine pitch and next season they start kid pitch. This week he is at baseball camp and next week is VBS for both kids. Maybe I will get to sleep in a little in July.

When we haven't been at baseball or camps we have been at the park or swimming. Last week while Caleb was at scout camp the girls and I met some friends at the park. My friend Chrissey got a new camera with some cool features that she has been playing with so she took some cute pictures of the kids.

Here is a picture of Cali's first time sitting on grass. She is usually sitting on a blanket. I think she is trying to figure out what the heck she is sitting on.

Then she saw me and she was happy.

Here are a few more cute ones from the park. Caden and Ashlyn playing with sidewalk chalk.





We love having a pool in our neighborhood. Last summer we went almost every other day. Now with a baby it is a little more difficult. The first few times we went I just let Caleb and Caden swim since I kept forgetting to buy swim diapers for Cali. Her and I just sat in the shade and watched and she was totally happy or content for about 2 hours.

This past Friday was the first time Cali got in the water. She only fussed for about 5 seconds and then decided she was happy or at least curious enough to stay in the floaty.



After I saw what cool things Chrissey's new camera could do I played with mine some and I can do those cool color things too. So I took a few with the color accent feature too.



5 comments:

kj said...

I loved these pictures! Too cute.

Anonymous said...

Callie is getting so big. I can't believe she is already sitting up. That is so much earlier than my daughter.

I wish I had a pool in my neighborhood too. I am jealous.

Take Care - Amanda

The Davidsons said...

I LOVE the black and white baseball pic!!!

Marna said...

Oh My Goodness...could that baby get any cuter. I LOVE the rolls!!

Lesley said...

You need to teach me that feature!!