Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Happy 13th Anniversary

I better enjoy it now, he wants to trade me in before I turn 50.

Yesterday was our 13th wedding anniversary. We spent an awesome day lounging on the beach and drinking fruity drinks. Well at least that is what I was doing in my head while I was at home doing laundry, dishes and cleaning up poop off the floor.

We went on a cruise for our ten year anniversary and we will do something big for our 15th as well. So apparently these little non important anniversaries just get a dinner. However I am sure having a nursing 7 month old has something to do with our lack of planning.


Here we are the summer of 1995. Just a few months before we got married.

Here we are 13 years later.



Last night we just had a nice quiet dinner at PF Changs. While we were praying over our yummy appetizers of crab wontons and peking dumplings, Chris said something to the effect of "thank you God for the last 13 years and hope for another 13 years." Ummm, why not hope for another 40 or 50, why only 13?


After dinner he dropped me off back at the house and went to Auto Zone and then spent the rest of the night (NOT KIDDING) in the garage working on his car. Back off girls, he's mine!

5 comments:

suzspeaks said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are so cute together!

Brad Myers took our pictures...I put a link to him on my blog!

Gena said...

Dee Dee, you look better now than you did then! I hope I can say the same after 13 years. Happy anniversary!

Gene said...

What a good-looking couple you two make. Beautiful kids, too!

Thanks for reading my blog! I'm just beginning to get acquainted with blogging. I'm seeing pics of people I've heard about, but never met. This is fun stuff!

My daughter's right...you do look prettier now than 13 years previously! HOW DO YOU DO IT?

Gene

Summer said...

How romantic. My how life changes...

Beck said...

HI there, let me introduce myself (: I am Rebecca, from Southern Ca. and I 'stalk' your blog! I found your blog browsing a few weeks ago and check back often! Your stories are so funny and your family is so beautiful! I had to post a comment today because the line you write about your husband spending the night of your anniversary in the garage is so funny! Sounds familiar to all us wives out there. I call our garage 'man's land' and my husband spends plenty of time out there! Just wanted to say hi, stop by and check out my blog sometime!
Rebecca
www.hiswifetheirmama.blogspot.com