Sunday, August 3, 2008

FREE CANDY!!!

This afternoon as we were putting away groceries we decided that we had too much crap in our pantry/cabinet. We start finding stuff that I know I haven't bought in A LONG TIME. Chris starts throwing stuff away and he found a package of cookies with a March 2007 date on them. They were actually still good. He also found several bags of chips with a 2006 date on them.


Then he opened up a cabinet and found this box.


This 11 lb box (yes we weighed it) is FILLED with all sorts of candy. Look closely at the date on the tin.





OH MY!!! Can you believe it? We have had this tin filled with M&M's 2 years longer than we have had Caleb.


So like morons we decide to open up some of the candy and see what it tastes like. Some of it had been opened before and some were still sealed. So if we start getting sick tomorrow you will know why.


Also in the box we found these 2 baggies filled with candy. Notice one says DeeDee and the other says Chris.




Ok now this just really makes me laugh. When Caleb was really little we would take him trick or treating at Halloween, put him to bed when we got home, and then dump out all the candy and divide it between the two of us. So this candy is at least 8 years old. We joked about saving it and giving it away for this Halloween.

8 comments:

Summer said...

That's halairious. I love that you were so organized that you sorted the candy and labeled your respective baggies. Now that was definitely pre-three-kid days!

jenn b said...

I remember you guys bringing Caleb trick-or-treating to our house in the Seminole Pointe days! And I remember us saying won't it be great when we have kids to take around and get candy too! We also have an old lunch box that I found in the back of our pantry full of old candy not too long ago!

Unknown said...

That is funny. I go through the kids candy and pick out what I like as well.

suzspeaks said...

11 lbs!! Wow!! I guess it's good you forgot about it!

Chrissey said...

What baffles me is that you have a pantry big enough to store an 11lb box of candy and not acknowledge it for 8 years! Now that it's clean and empty...I have to go to SAMS, can I put my stuff in there?!

DeeDee said...

I wish!!! Actually our lack of a real pantry is one of my biggest complaints about this house.

You have seen it - It is just a tall cabinet beside the fridge. Then there is a shelf aboove that and then another cabinet set further back. That back cabinet is where that box was. We had to put stuff on that shelf so we could never get to that back cabinet. So out of sight out of mind.
It is actually one of the most stupid pantry setups I have ever seen.

kj said...

And THAT is why you are skinny! Bags of candy don't make it a month in my house!

Aubrie said...

I was seriously about to be SO jealous that you had a pantry that big! Love that you tried the candy. I would have too!