Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It could have been worse!!

This morning was headed for greatness. I had all 4 of us all ready to go by 8:15 this morning. That is 45 BEFORE school even starts. I had time to take some first day of school pictures in front of our unfinished landscaping.





I had planned for a stress free day until I loaded us in the car and it WONT START because the battery is DEAD. Keep in mind that Chris is still in Spokane Washington (as he has been for over a week). I almost started to freak out but then called the next door neighbors. Becca took Caleb with them since she is going there anyway with her kiddos. I had wanted to take him for his first day, but Caleb hasn't let me near the front door (on the first day) of school since he was in 1st grade so it doesn't matter anyway.

Back to the van. . . Eric tells me just to put it in neutral and let it roll down the driveway and then he will jump it. Apparently these newer vans wont go into neutral without the car being on. Maybe it is an anti-theft device, who knows. So he pulls his car into my driveway and then attaches 2 sets of jumper cables to each other so they are long enough to reach his car. So it all worked out but it was not my ideal first day of school, but it really could have been worse.

Caden is in afternoon Pre-K because they had too many enrolled in Kindergarten so they had to have the Pre-K teacher teach a morning K class. I know it has only been one day, but I HATE afternoon Pre-K, it totally messes up my day. However she was so excited to finally be at Caleb's school.

Here she is outside the school with her teacher Ms Stuchlik. Yep Caden's eyes are closed and I didn't notice until now.

Here she is with her class while the teacher was talking and going over attendance. She doesn't know anyone in the class but that wont bother her too much. I know she is going to have a great day!

There were two people crying in her class. I am so glad I wasn't one of them. I came close, but I held it together as to not embarrass my child or make her cry.

Now the only one who is going to be sad about the kids going to school is this little stinker. I think she is going to miss Caleb the most.

2 comments:

Rick said...

A beautiful family. I remember those days. Watch out there Momma, they will grow up. Our oldest is getting married in Oct. We were going through some of her old pics for the wedding video. I teared up when I saw the photo of the first time we brought her home from the hospital.

Enjoy these days.

(Just suffering through - enjoyed peeking at your blog.)

Aubrey said...

I hope Caden had a great first day! She looks so cute!!