Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Old Swollen Man Stuck in the Recliner



Seriously that is EXACTLY how I feel!!! After our 5+ hour drive back from Hot Springs on Saturday my feet were really swollen so I just propped them up and they were fine in the morning. So on Sunday I decided to wear these boots (as pictured). I actually changed into a less pointy pair with a thicker heel before I left the house. I don't think it would have mattered either way. I took those boots off when I got home from lunch and it was SO GROSS!! I had never seen my feet and legs look like that! We had planned on going shopping for a leather rocking recliner that afternoon. For some reason I decided I would wear my tennis shoes instead of a pair of flip flops like I wear every other day. We were gone all day and went straight to church that evening. When I got to church I pulled up my pant legs and saw this really nasty site. I had just thought they looked swollen that morning. OH MY GOSH!!! They looked like swollen old man legs. They were swollen up to my calves. So I propped my feet up all night and they were almost back to normal on Monday morning.

I had my (almost) 37 week doctors appt on Monday. I am still 50% effaced, but I am now at a 3. This is EXACTLY where I was with the other 2 kids. I was at a 2 at 36, 3 at 37, 4 at 38, and then STILL a 4 at 39, which is why I was induced with both of them. If you read previous post you will know I am NOT getting induced this time (unless she doesn't come by her due date).

I asked my doctor about all the swelling since I never had it this bad with Caleb and barely any with Caden. My blood pressure is still very low so she thinks I am just on my feet too much and need to relax more. So last night I tried to relax in the new recliner. After the kids went to bed we starting watching the shows that recorded earlier. The first time I tried to get out of the chair I was STUCK!! I physically could not get out by myself. I guess I was so sore and tired I could not even sit up. My belly is getting way big to move in that direction. My really cool flexibility was no help either. After Chris got done laughing at me he finally helped me out.

Oh and here is a funny picture. This is what you get when your 4 year old insists on taking a picture.

Is this really how I look to her at this angle??? Oh my poor child!!!

No comments: