Monday, November 5, 2007

Pregnancy Update 34 weeks


Here is a picture of me from yesterday. I look mad in this picture, but I wasn't. We tried to take another one but then the battery died and never took another one - oh well!

I had another doctors appointment this morning. Everything is still going great. I will be 34 weeks on Wednesday. (All this time I thought my due date was the 20th, my doc said they actually have me on the 19th - everyday helps right!)

I am measuring almost 35 weeks. I will be checked (to see if I am dilated) at my next appointment on Mon Nov 19th. Today they asked me if I have been feeling any contractions yet - not that I am aware of. Of course I got to a 4 with Caleb before I felt a thing, so who knows. With Caden I was already almost a 2 at 35 weeks and was still stuck at a 4 at 39 weeks so they induced me. With this one I don't want to be induced. I want to have the excitement of going on my own. However, for several reasons I don't want to go past my due date. For one thing I don't want to have a harder time getting a bigger baby out. Secondly I don't want to be in the hospital that close to Christmas. However the main reason is that my niece Trinity was born on the 21st. For everyone who knows the situation will understand why I can't have mine on that day. It will be too hard for everyone in my family and of course that outweighs my desire to go on my own.

I very briefly told my doctor the situation with my niece and she immediately said how sorry she was for me and my family, but also said, ok I am calling the hospital right now. She said there will be lots of people wanting to have their baby before Christmas. So I am scheduled for Dec 19th at 5:30 am if I don't go on my own. This way if they get really full and inductions have to be delayed I will have a little cushion. I love my doctor! She is so sweet. I go to Margaret Hall. Her office is over by Lakeside Renaissance. If anyone is looking for one she is awesome!


Those of you who may not have known me very well a few years ago probably don't know about my niece Trinity. Here is the website that my older niece Alyssa created for her little sister.



This website chronicles the short, buy very precious 5 weeks of her life.

No comments: