Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Cali 2 weeks

Cali was 2 weeks old yesterday. She has been so spoiled having relatives around her almost non stop for the past 2 weeks. She is very spoiled from being held so much and likes to be held when she is sleeping. Which of course makes night time really fun for me!! We have had good nights and bad nights, last night was a bad night and I have had a few meltdowns this morning and I am way too emotional. What can you expect when living on 4 hours of sleep or less.

Yesterday I told Chris that because she has been held so much she hasn't had any tummy time. So I decided to put her down for once so she could get used to the idea. Well the 2nd time I put her down she lifted her head straight up, then turn it and immediately rolled over. I was able to get Chris to run into the room real fast so he could see it (cause he missed the first rolling over of the other 2 kids). I guess I was a little too excited cause both Caden and Caleb ran in the room to see what was happening. After I told them, Caden gave me a hug and said "AWE, HOW CUTE, HAPPY NEW YEAR MOMMY!" It was so sweet.

This morning it took me all morning to get us all ready and out the door for her 11:20 doctors appt. I thought I would finally take a shower. Please don't ask the last time I took one. I am too embarrassed to tell you. I also had to give Cali a bath. Seriously it took all morning to do everything and get me and all 3 kids out the door. Hopefully when the kids go back to school next week I can be on a better schedule.

I almost had another meltdown at the doctors office when they gave me all this paperwork to fill out. Cali wanted to be held and was screaming in her car seat. I guess the nurse felt sorry for me, maybe she noticed I was about to cry, so she said I could just fill out 2 sheets and bring the rest back at her 2 month appt. I was able to compose myself and actually have a conversation with the nurse and the doctor. She is very healthy and her stats are:

Weight 9 lbs 4 oz (which is 90%)
Length was 21 3/4 (which is 97%)
Head was also 90%.

4 comments:

Summer said...

I will be praying for you a lot this next couple of months. No matter how excited you are about a new one, they can really be a shock to your system. I am still not adjusted to life with two so my heart goes out to you. In fact, I have already had three meltdowns since noon. I told Andy that this is the new me - he quickly found an excuse to get out of here. Good luck and I will keep on praying...

K said...

No freaking way!!! About the rolling over part - that is awesome! I hear you about 3 kids. I know I only have two but that's two more than I know how to handle! God really is testing my patience. Love ya! Hang in there.

Chrissey said...

Hey...your days sound like mine now! Kellan wants to be held all the time and wants to be in my arms to sleep! If you want to come over and have melt downs together, you are more than welcome...sometimes it makes you feel better when you know someone else is going through the same thing! Can't wait to see Cali next week though! :)

Lesley said...

I know what your going through! It will get better, I promise!!! Well, until she starts walking!