Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Oklahoma 79 North Texas 10


We had an AWESOME time at the game!!! We had good seats and it was so fun watching them score in the first 30 seconds of the game. (Actually it was 32 seconds!) They scored another one only 3 minutes later. They went on to score a total of 11 touchdowns and we also got a safety. You would think that since it was very much one sided that it wouldn't be very exciting, but it still was.
Redshirt freshman Sam Bradford completed 21 of his 23 passes for 363 yards and three touchdowns. From what I remember, he only played the first half and maybe a few min of the second half. Then they put in the other backup quarterbacks. Those are really good stats for any quarterback, much less a redshirt freshman. What a great start to the new season!!!
The people sitting around us were really nice and very understanding when I needed to put my feet on their seat. About half time it started to clear out around us since people knew we weren't going to lose. By the 4th quarter we basically had TONS of room. We were able to move down a few rows and totally spread out. Which the baby (no - she still doesn't have a name) really enjoyed not being cramped anymore. I really tried to limit the water I was drinking so I wouldn't have to get up so many times and miss the game. I was SO PROUD of myself. I went right before we got to our seats and made it all the way back home again. That is almost 5 hours! I don't think I have gone that long in MONTHS!!
My in-laws were in town this weekend so they stayed with the kids. We had a nice relaxing weekend and played TONS of games! If you know me at all then you know how much fun I had. I LOVE to play games. I am a little too competitive though. We played Apples to Apples, Phase 10 and Screw the Dealer! If you have never played those before I would love to beat you - I mean TEACH you!

2 comments:

Christi said...

That is so funny that you like OU football too. I LOVE OU football! We had season tickets for the last 4 years. But we gave them up this year. I have really been looking forward to football this year. Isn't that crazy?

suzspeaks said...

Go OU!!! I can't believe you held it for so long!!! I can't do that, and I'm not pregnant!!!