Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Random Post about Games

Ok - this post has NOTHING to do with the kids! It is ALL ABOUT Chris and me and how competitive we are. Many years ago we got this handheld game Tetris. I know it is an old easy game - but we like it so don't make fun of us!




For a while we would go back and forth on who had the highest score. My highest was around 67,000. I would even hide it sometimes so he couldn't beat my high score. He has had the highest for a while now. Just recently - last Saturday as a matter of fact - when he was on the couch half the day watching/listening to football, he broke his high score and now has an insane number like over 125,000. I get too greedy and impatient and end up loosing. I hardly play it anymore. If I know I can't win, what's the point.

Well just a few days ago when we were playing games with the kids Caleb got this game - BOP IT EXTREME out of the game cabinet when he was trying to get to another game.
I LOVE BOP IT! We haven't played it in a while so we were a little rusty. Caleb and I started playing it while Chris was giving Caden her bath. (My belly is getting too big and it makes it very uncomfortable to lean over and give her baths. I gave that job up a few weeks ago.) So Caleb and I were playing it and his high was only about 8 or so and I only had 12. After Caden's bath Chris beat my high, then I beat his and then back and forth. I had a fairly good score and when I was putting Caden to bed Chris beat it pretty bad. It then took me a while but I beat his again. Then as I was working in the office he beat mine again. Seriously, this is really annoying. He already has me beat on Tetris, can't I have something. I haven't tried to beat his score again, but I will.
Some people might think these are mindless activities, but they are really addicting and very fun - at least Bop It is. Hey - and they are educational too! With Tetris you work on hand eye coordination and with Bop It you work on listening skills and speed.
This post may make me sound like a dork - but I don't care. I love games!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Anyone who knows you knows how fiercely competitive you are!! I admire your determination.

You can spend Tuesdays and Thursdays practicing!! haha