Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Busy Saturday

So you would think with us getting in late on Friday night that Chris would not make us all get up early - WRONG!!! We were all out the door by 7:15 to catch a few garage sales before Caden's first soccer game of the day at 9:00. Caden was her usual self at the game. I can see other kids improving but not her. She just doesn't get the concept. I finally figured out why! It goes against her nature to run around or in front of other kids. In school and in gymnastics they line up when they walk. She doesn't ever cut in front of other kids or if someone cuts in front of her she just backs up and lets them in. She is NOT aggressive with anyone but her brother. So this makes perfect sense as to why when other kids are running on the field she doesn't run to the ball she waits until everyone passes her and then runs at the back of the pack. This is obviously something we will need to work on. I didn't take my camera this past weekend, but here is one from 2 weeks before. It is another one of those deceiving pictures. She had just kicked off and was still in the right place at the right time. Doesn't she look cute!!!!




She is also very compassionate with other kids. There was this kid on the other team that anytime he fell (whether he was hurt or not) or when someone took the ball away he would lay on the field and cry. Several times Caden would go over and stand above him or kneel beside him. I am assuming she is asking if he was alright. I hope she never grows out of that!!


After the first game we had a few hours before we had to be back for the 2nd game at 1:00. Of course we went to some more garage sales. First we had to stop at Sonic for drinks and sausage burritos. The one up in north Edmond on Covell was running a special and we got good deals on the burritos and got route 44 drinks for only 99 cents!!! Gotta love that!!!

Now here comes the bad part. What do you get when you have 4 huge drinks sitting in the cup holders and Chris decides to make an very quick AND unannounced u-turn at the entrance to a neighborhood?? You guessed it!! My entire route 44 Diet Dr Pepper (that I hadn't even had one sip yet) was thrown or flipped onto the floor! I was helpless. It happened so fast. I had my shoes off and my feet up in my chair and I was eating my burrito. I also couldn't bend down there to pick it up either. So we stopped on the side of the road and cleaned up as much as we could.

So we head back to Sonic for Chris to get me another one. Chris says to the lady over the speaker - we spilled one of our drinks in the car, could we please get a bunch of napkins and a "replacement route 44 Diet Dr Pepper." Replacement sounds like he is expecting to get it for free. Well we did! When she brought it out she didn't ask for any money. That was nice of them. Chris was wanting to replace all the floor mats in the van anyway, I guess he will be doing it sooner rather than later!


Her 2nd soccer game was uneventful and we headed back home to glue ourselves to the TV to watch OU beat Texas. The game wasn't as exciting as I would have hoped and we didn't win by as much as everyone thought we would, but a win is a win!

Caleb had his baseball pictures taken last week. I didn't bring my camera, but my friend Chrisit managed to get a few good ones. We really like these two with their backs are to the camera.



1 comment:

Chrissey said...

Those baseball pics are super cute...they would look really good in sepia or black and white!