Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Nice and Quiet Weekend

A nice and quiet weekend was probably had by some of you, but NOT us. Last Thursday (fall break) the kids and I went down to TX to visit my family. My mom, Ed and grandma were moving this weekend. It was SO CRAZY! We stayed with my sister and her family, but it was still crazy. They of course hired movers to pack up their house and move it all over to the new place but it was CHAOS!

They had been living in Grand Prairie and now they live in Arlington, so it is only about 10-15 minutes from their other house. It is much bigger than the other house with a few acres. Anyway the kids really enjoyed the new place and had a TON of fun playing in the huge backyard. I purposely didn't tell the kids anything about the house I wanted to see their reaction when they saw the backyard. The house has a pool which obviously isn't a big deal for Caleb since we have a neighborhood pool. However, I thought he would get REALLY excited about the diving board, since our pool doesn't have one and he lets me know often that he wishes it did. The backyard also has a swing set, a playhouse that needs some work, a cabana/pool house, a big workshop for Ed and a volleyball court. The kids had fun exploring.


Since I couldn't be of much assistance with the move I got to hold my adorable niece Dakota a lot. She just turned 6 months old and is SO CUTE!!!! We didn't take any pictures over the weekend until Sun morning. Here are some of the cute ones with the cousins - Alyssa, Dakota, Caleb and Caden.

Some of Dakota's facial expressions are priceless! My favorites are the ones of Dakota and Caden together.


Caleb had more fun playing with Dakota than Caden did. She likes her and talks about how cute she is, but she had more fun chasing Angie's cat around or playing with her uncle Brian, which is ironic because up until this trip she has been afraid of her uncle Brian. (long story - but basically she doesn't get to be around him enough to get used to him)


Isn't Dakota just adorable!!!

4 comments:

Marna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marna said...

All of those kids are just too cute. Both of you did a great job!

suzspeaks said...

Cute pictures! Sounds like a great weekend and you look so cute!

K said...

She's a doll!!